FREEFLYING AND INTER-ACTIVE BIRD SHOW PRESENTED IN AN EDUCATIONAL AND FUN WAY!
Affordable Travelling Bird Show for Pre-School and Primary School children from 4 years old.
Available for School groups, School Fetes, Birthday Parties and any other occasions you can think of.
I WILL COME TO YOU WITH MY BIRDS!
- All my birds have a story to tell of why they live with me.
- I talk about birds as pets with the help of Christina the Macaw Parrot.
- Experience Lady Jane the Harris Hawk flying overhead or learn how vultures live their lives and the problems they face in the wild with Hector the African White Backed Vulture
- Find out how owls look after us while we sleep and are able to hunt in the dark.
- Meet Hadehaha our friendly Hadeda Ibis and discover that they are quite useful birds to have around.
- Have a look at Chelsea or TJ the cute little Rock Kestrels, and learn about the Raptors that live around us.
- Have a unique personal encounter with Goggles the White Faced Scops Owl and Wonky the Disabled Barn Owl, and learn what to do when you find injured or baby birds.
The Birds of Africa show takes approximately one hour with 7 birds depending on how the long the children want to engage with the birds.
Martin Odd is known as Cape Town’s Bird Man, and over the years has been able to build up a unique and trusting relationship with his birds. He has been presenting bird shows with a strong environmental message for the past 7 years. The shows are presented in a fun and age appropriate way. He engages with the children, and they leave the show with a better understanding of why we need to, and how to look after the birds and the environments around us in the city and suburbs.
NB: Martin Odd has all the necessary permits as required by law to keep and travel with his birds and is in possession of a licence according to the Performing Animal Protection Act no.24 of 1935.