At The Giraffe House Wildlife Awareness centre we provide easy access to some of Africa’s wonderful wildlife and bird species. Focusing on African wildlife, Giraffe House aims to provide a place for people to enjoy the outdoors, whilst experiencing and learning about animals and why they are special.
Services and Facilities available
- 15 Hectares of land situated close to the N1 and Stellenbosch. Only 39 km from the centre of Cape Town.
- Only a refreshment kiosk is available, but no restaurant.
- Bring your own picnic basket – No Alcohol Permitted
- Kiddies’ party options available. See our Party Information Form on the home page.
- Our lapa is a 100 square metre thatched roof lapa with drop down sides. This is available for kiddies’ parties, functions and talks. Prior bookings are essential.
- The play area consists of 3 jungle gyms and a lawn area.
- Some animal food is available to treat the animals with.
- Some of our animals might interact with you, but we do not encourage any forced interaction with them.
Things to Consider
We often have offsite educational programs that affect our closing times. Please contact us to confirm closing times during the week.
The Giraffe House is an open-air facility. Please dress appropriately for Winter or Summer.
Our tap water is not suitable for drinking. There is bottled water available at the kiosk or you may bring your own.
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com’ subject=’SAKIDS: The Giraffe House’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Are you a robot?’ type=’select’ required=’1′ options=’I might be,No I don%26#039;t think so,I prefer to keep it a secret’/][/contact-form]